First: Food Issues.
My cousin Jim, his lovely wife Cori and their pup Portia came to visit us yesterday from the big city in New York. He was in town visiting his mom, and has been doing a nice job trying to sneak in other family visits when he comes to town. During his visit he was playing with his iPhone 4 and talked about how awesome it is- he joked he doesn't use it for calling people but the aps are superior. I have a serious case of phone envy (Verizon claims they're getting the iPhone in January!!) so I downloaded a few free apps- including a food and exercise tracker to see where I am.
1. No breastfeeding exercise option. They have something listed as "Other" and you can edit this to reflect a day of breastfeeding.
2. I eat WAY too much. Breakfast killed me today- 900+ calories on what I thought was a healthy choice- 1 tomato, an avocado, a clove of garlic, table spoons of olive oil and red wine vinegar and a 1/4 cup of mixed nuts and crasins. The three slices of French bread is what did me in. Yuck.
3. Yoga (according to my tracker) only burns 120 calories in an hour- just about the equivalent to sleeping. Great.
So...I guess I have to take this with a grain of salt. I'm sure all of the options I'm choosing aren't 100% accurate but they have to be close. And breast feeding is around 500 calories a day- some people burn 300 some up to 800. I've never really been a calorie counter but I'm not getting any younger. I want to try and keep track of this (as best as I can) so I'm at least conscious of it all.
Second: Cloth Diapers.
Diapering with trefolds and covers isn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. Granted, we haven't really given it a fair shake since they trifolds are suppsed to be washed 4-8 times before they're really absorbent- so I'm not even sure they're fitting BB right. But- I spent about $200 to set us up until he's 18 pounds (dipes, wipes and covers)- so guess what Nanny and Todd- I'm using them. If yous want to buy your own diapers and wipes- feel free, but I'm using these. I'm determined.
Third: Can't win if you don't play.
The lottery, that is. Bought a $5 scratch off Bingo card yesterday. We didn't win.
Lottery investment so far: $5. Winnings: $0.
Comments